How to build Gimias 1.4.1 in Linux
This manual is meant to be used for Gimias 1.3.0 release, for previous manuals contact the mailing list. This page is not complete. Please take a look at the Windows page to get further details.
Before checking out and building GIMIAS, make sure that you have installed the following tools:
Tools that are available as packages of all major linux distributions (that is in most cases the easiest way to install them):
- An SVN client (e.g. the official command-line client or the graphical client [Smart SVN])
- A C and C++ compiler (we recommend the GNU Compiler Collection (gcc))
- CMake >= 2.8
- Python >= 2.4
- wxPython (corresponding to your Python version)
Tools that don't (yet) have a package in major Linux distributions:
You should also check that you have installed the following packages in your system:
- gtk2.0 (i.e. sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev ...)
- 'Remark: There could be a problem with the official driver of NVIDIA: it writes on some OpenGL (Mesa) headers . You have to uninstall it and install it again.
- libxt-dev: in order to have the file X11/StringDefs.h that you istall with this package
- Check out Gimias from repository with svn client
- Configure using CSnake
- Option 1: Fully Automatic
- Option 2: Step by Step
Check out Gimias
Checkout project from repository URL: https://svncistib.upf.edu/repos/toolkit/gimias/stable/GIMIAS_1_4_0
Select Projects Tab
Option 1: Automatic Build
Once you have configured CSnake you can click on the Configure All button in order to build everything automatically. This will take a while.