HowToBuildGimias 1 3 0 InWindows Step 1
Before checking out and building GIMIAS, make sure that you have installed the following tools:
- A SVN client ([Smart SVN] or [Tortoise SVN])
- A compiler ([Microsoft Visual Studio 2008] is suggested)
- All Service packs available for the compiler
- [CMake 2.8]
- [Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 or 2.7]
- An advanced editor like [Notepad++] to edit Linux/Windows text files
| Note: Visual Studio compiler|
If you want to compile GIMIAS for 64 bits, you need to select this option on the [Visual Studio Setup].
If you don't have a comercial version of Visual Studio, you can use the free one [Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express].
Here you can find the service pack for VS2003 and VS2008:
Be sure that your Visual Studio has service pack installed. You can see it on menu Help->About:
GIMIAS source code
GIMIAS source code can be downloaded from:
- SVN repository: https://svncistib.upf.edu/repos/toolkit/gimias/stable/GIMIAS_1_3_0
- [Zipped source code]
Download the source code into a folder of your local computer without spaces, like for example C:\Code\src\GIMIAS_1_3.
| Note: SVN repository and zip file|
We recommend you to use the SVN approach because it has several advantages, like easily switch to a new GIMIAS version, sending patches about changes. Next section describes how to check out GIMIAS from the SVN repository. As an alternative, GIMIAS source code can be downloaded as a .zip file. In this case, download the source code and unzip the file in your local directory (e.g. C:/Code/src/Gimias_1_3_0), skip next section and go directly to Next step.
Check out GIMIAS from SVN repository using SmartSVN
If you are using SmartSVN follow the instructions below to checkout gimias:
- Open SmartSVN
- Select “Checkout project from repository”
- In the “Repository” step, select “Quick checkout (less configuration)”
- Specify the URL: https://svncistib.upf.edu/repos/toolkit/gimias/stable/GIMIAS_1_3_0.
- Specify the Local Directory: beware to chose a directory path with no blank spaces and no more than 20 characters length (e.g. C:/Code/src/GIMIAS_1_3).
- click “Next”
- Click “Finish”
- SmartSVN will automatically do a checkout of the project
| Note: SmartSVN configuration|
We recommend you to disable automatic refresh on windows activation because it takes a lot of hard disk resources. To disable this option you need to go to the menu Edit->Preferences->Actions->Refresh.
| Note: Proxy configuration|
If you receive an error when trying to check out the code from the SVN URL, but you can access it from your Internet browser, it's possible that you need to configure the proxy of your Internet access. To configure the proxy, you need to go to the menu Repository->Manage profiles. Under the Proxies page, you can add the proxy configuration of your local network. After this, you need to configure the proxy on the Profile page of GIMIAS URL.
| Note: Transactions|
To see all transactions, you need to build the log cache. You need to select this URL: https://svncistib.upf.edu/repos/toolkit/gimias/stable/GIMIAS_1_3_0
| Note: Server Timeout|
If you receive a time out error when connecting to the SVN server, we advise you to decrese the timeout parameter. The default value is 1 hour but you can set it to 60 seconds. You need to edit the file smartsvn.properties and add the line:
To find this file you need to check this web page: