Processing use case
From user's Wiki!
- Plug-in Initialization: Initialization of all processors and widgets inside the plug-in
- Parameters initialization: The user adjusts the filter parameters in the widget
- Input data: The user selects the input data in the framework data container
- Start processing: The user presses a button to start processing the data
- Data conversion: Convert from data types of the framework to the specific input data types of the filter (if needed)
- Output data: Send a signal to the widget when the processing is finished
- Finished processing: The output data is added to the framework data container. The rendering data is created and added to the rendering scene.
- yourPlugin: This is the base class for all the plug-ins, every new plug-in must extend this class. The main purpose of this class is to instantiate all components
- yourProcessor: This class executes one algorithm and, given on or more input data, generates one or more output data
- yourWidget: This class provides an element of the graphical user interface that allows to adjust the parameters of the algorithm and select the inputs.
- yourWorkingArea: Main window to render data objects
- DataEntity: This class stores and encapsulates a single data object (e.g., medical image, transformation, surface mesh, model simulation result, etc.). The encapsulated data object will be passed to yourLib.
- DataEntityList: Is a container of all data objects. The input data that will be processed by yourLib and also their outputs are stored in this list. This list is available to all plug-ins, so it's the way to share data.