New end user features in GIMIAS 1 4 0
- 1 Multi threading
- 2 Multiple processing
- 3 Remote execution using SSH
- 4 User interface usability
- 5 Automatic Updates
- 6 XNAT
- 7 GIMIAS 1.4.2
Added multi threading capability that allows to execute processing tasks in background, see progress, cancel tasks and show list of executed, pending and tasks being processed. A task is a filter being executed. The same filter can be executed several times, and different tasks will be created.
In the status bar (bottom right) you can see new options.
- Processing icon: will be active when a task is being executed
- Cancel button: allows to cancel the current task
- Task list button: opens the list of all tasks. You can double click on a task to see more details
- Status label: A label that shows the current task being executed
- Progress bar
When GIMIAS exits, it will check if there are pending tasks and will ask you if you want to cancel them. GIMIAS will wait until all tasks are cancelled.
All data being used by a tak, cannot be unloaded or used by other task at the same time. You will receive an error message.
You can configure two parameters, if you go to the menu Edit->Preferences->Global:
- Enable multi threading
- Number of allowed concurrent tasks
Added a new feature that allows to execute a filter multiple times for 3D+T input data. For each time step, the filter will be executed.
To configure this option, there's a new button at the right of the input data selection control.
Using this control, you can select the data you want to process.
Remote execution using SSH
- Now is possible to execute tasks in a remote computer using SSH protocol. This is useful for two main purposes:
- Execute applications that can only be executed in Linux, like FSL
- Execute long processing tasks that can take several days to be executed like computational fluid dynamics simulation
You can read more in SSH Plugin
User interface usability
You can press F11 to maximize the main window and remove the caption bar. When main window is not maximized, the coordinates and size are stored in the configuration file. Next time you start GIMIAS, this configuration will be restored.
Search processing tool
Added possibility to search a processing tool using the name. You can also see the history of last used tools.
Added automatic updates feature. Now, you can update the version of any plugin or the GIMIAS kernel libraries. These fetaure allows to update the users with new version of your plugins and update the users with new plugins.
Check for updates
When GIMIAS starts, it will check if new updates are available. You can modify the settings in the Preferences dialog.
When new updates are available, you will see a message:
You can click on the toolbar icon and a new window will be shown that allows you to select the desired packages.
You can see brief information about each package and select or deselect these. Once you have finished, you can download and install.
Download and Install
When the user clicks "Download + install", GIMIAS will be closed and the WebUpdate application will download and install the selected packages. Once it's finished, GIMIAS will be restarted again.
There are some advanced options:
These are the advanced options:
- You can choose the temporal folder where to download the selected packages
- When your computer is inside a private network and you are using a proxy to access Internet, you need to configure the proxy settings
- For specific GIMIAS package servers, you can specify the authentication settings
- You can add more update sites. For example, you can configure your own server to update the users with new package updates
Added XNAT functionality that allows to connect to a remote XNAT database.
You can read more here XNAT Plugin
Manual Segmenation Plugin
Added new interactive component for this plugin. You can read more information in Manual_Segmentation_Plugin.
Clinical Report Plugin
Report tool that allows to create a PDF document using text, tables and images. This tool is needed for all clinical workflows being used at hospitals. You can read more in Clinical Report Plugin.
Remote Data Plugin
This plugin allows to retrieve and send data to a remote computer. Two new entries will be added to the File menu: Open Remote Data and Save Remote Data. You can read more in RemoteDataPlugin.
It allows a security control of any connection node define under GIMIAS (XNat, PACS, SSH, Unicore...). You can read more in Security_Plugin.
Added the possibility to read/write VRML files in MITK plugin.
The reader will read all surface meshes and add them to the data tree, using the material properties stored in the VTML file.
The writer will write the selected surface mesh and all the children without any rendering property.