HowToBuildGimias 1 4 0 InWindows Step 3
4 Gigabyte Tuning
On Windows 32 bits, you have a limitation of 2 GB for each application. However you can increase this limit to 3 GB permorming two simple steps:
- Add the /3GB switch to the Boot.ini file that you will find in the C: root folder. For example:
[operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows NT Server Version 4.00" /3GB
- Set the IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE flag in the image header. To do this you need to use the applicatino editbin.exe. To execute this application, you need to open a Visual Studio Command Prompt and call:
editbin.exe /LARGEADDRESSAWARE Gimias.exe
You can read further information here:
- [Memory Limits for Windows Releases]
- [4-Gigabyte Tuning]
- [Information on Application Use of 4GT RAM Tuning]
- [Enabling 3GB switch on Windows Vista™, Windows 7 or Windows XP]
Here is showed a brief description of the common problems that can be founded during GIMIAS installation.
- Double check that the repository is completely downloaded
- It is recommended to use a single folder for each repository (just in case you want to add more than one folder to CSnake Root folder).
- Used of Configure All button is not recommended.
- Check third party build folders when build folder changes. They don´t automatically update.
- Sometimes CSnake error messages are confuse, check the log window.
- Once the Configure Third Party Folders is finished button Launch IDE opens just only the solution of the first Third Party on the list.
Source Code Compilation
- In case of a compilation error unselect the project on which it occurs from CSnake, Select Projects sheet, and re-do the process installation from Install Files To Build Folder. There are projects that have not been updated to the newest gimias versions.